How to Make Zatar Bread
Zatar Bread is loved here in Jordan. It is very easy to make and healthy too. You have two healthy ingredients: oregano and olive oil. You can make the zatar mixture and press it on any prepared dough mixture and this breakfast will make your entire family delighted.
- Make the bread dough by placing the flour on a large working surface. Add in the yogurt, oil, yeast and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together and with both hands combine all the dough together. Add in enough water to make a soft pliable dough.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour or until double. Roll the dough out into a large circle and put in a oiled pizza pan.
- In a separate bowl add in one cup of olive oil, oregano, sumac, sesame seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Spread the zatar mixture on top of the bread dough. Bake in a very hot 400 degree oven.
- When the bread is done, cut into large triangle pizza type pieces and serve with Arabic coffee. This holiday bread can be served any day of the week.