Arabic Food Recipes in English
How to Make Tabouleh - Authentic Recipe
Tabouleh is a Middle Eastern salad that is served often at celebrations, when guests are invited and most any special occasions. It takes a little bit of preparation, but oh so worth the trouble.
- 1 cup fine bulgur
- 2 large bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small
- 3 large green onions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped, small
- The greens need to be chopped very fine. Place the bulgur in a bowl along with 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Place the parsley, mint and coriander in a bowl. Add in the red pepper, celery, chopped onions and salt and pepper.
- Drain the bulgur completely of all fluid and squeeze dry. Add the dry bulgur to the salad and mix well.
- Add in the tomatoes and mix lightly. Spritz olive oil all over the salad with some additional lemon juice.
- Add some more salt and pepper as needed. Tabouleh is a meal in itself, but can be served with any entree or meal.
Arabic Food Recipes in English is Now Available in Paperback Form